Seven daily essential mental activities to optimise brain matter and create well-being.
The Healthy Mind Platter has seven daily essential mental activities necessary for optimum mental health. These essential mental activities strengthen your brain’s internal connections and your connections with other people and the world around you.
The idea around The Healthy Mind Platter is to become aware of the full range of essential mental activities, and as with essential nutrients, make sure that at least every day we are bringing the right ingredients into our mental diet, even if for just a bit of time.
One way to use the platter idea is to map out an average day and see what amounts of time you spend in each essential mental activity.
Like a balanced diet, there are many combinations that can work well. Here is a list of the 7 essential mental activities.
- SLEEP TIME: When we give the brains the rest it needs to consolidate learning and recover from experiences of the
- PHYSICAL TIME: When we move our bodies, aerobically if possible, which strengthens our brain and contributes to our
- FOCUS TIME: When we focus closely on tasks in a goal-oriented way minimizing
- CONNECTION TIME: When we connect with other people, ideally in person, or take time to appreciate the natural world around us. This activates the brain’s relational
- PLAYTIME: When we allow ourselves to be spontaneous or creative, enjoying new experiences which helps make new connections in the
- DOWNTIME: When we are not focused. Without a specific goal in mind and let our mind wander or rest, which helps the brain
- TIME-IN: When we quietly reflect on our inner-world of thoughts, feelings, images helps better integrate the brain and bring clam and
How much time each day do you give to these essential mental activities?
You can learn more about this and much more at www.studysamurai.com