- We often don’t know why we do what we
- Knowing what drives you and makes you either take action or not (procrastinate) can set you
The Two Controlling Forces of Human Behaviour
“We will do far more to avoid pain than we will to gain pleasure.”
Our need to avoid pain and desire to gain pleasure are biologically driven and are the controlling forces in our lives. To change your behaviour, you must focus your attention on:
- How not changing your behaviour will be more painful than changing it.
- How changing will bring more and immediate pleasure.
- What do you need to get done?
- What pain have you associated with doing that?
- What pleasure did you take from not doing it previously?
- What would it cost you NOW, if you don’t start to take action?
You must change what you link and associate PAIN and PLEASURE to in order to change your behaviour. The focus questions above will help you do that.