Rest, relaxation, and time with family and friends is the main goal for students over the end of year holidays. However there are some things that students might like to consider doing, perhaps towards the end of the holidays, that will make their school year ahead much easier, particularly senior students.
- Organise and rearrange your room and study space to make it a more effective learning area.
- Sort out all of your materials for school, decide what to keep and how to organise your work and if you can improve your filing systems.
- Set up term planners for the year so you can map put your due dates when the year starts.
- Set up a study timetable for the year so you have clear times allocated to complete your schoolwork during the week.
- Think about building your skills in any areas of weakness or any areas you’d like to develop new skills in like touch typing.
- If you can find out any of the novels you will studying in the coming year, read them over the holidays.
- For senior students consider downloading the syllabus documents for the subjects you will be studying.
Of course we also want students to refresh their mind and body, catch up on their sleep and take the time to focus on enjoying a healthy lifestyle.