These proven activities increase your wellbeing and happiness levels:
– Studies show that in the minutes right after meditating we experience feelings of calm and contentment as well as heightened awareness and empathy. Also research has shown that regular meditation can permanently rewire the brain to raise levels of happiness, lower stress and improve immune function.
Look forward to something
– Studies found that people who just thought about watching their favourite movie actually raised their endorphin levels by 27%. Often, the most enjoyable part of an activity is the anticipation. Be sure to have positive activities planned and scheduled.
– Your physical environment can have an enormous impact on your mindset and sense of wellbeing. You may not have complete control of your surroundings, but you can make specific efforts to infuse them with positivity. Photos of loved ones around your room is an example. Making time to go outside on a nice day also delivers a huge advantage; one study found that spending 20 minutes outside in good weather not only boosted positive mood, but broadened thinking and improved working memory.
The benefits of exercise are:
1) Boosting mood and enhancing work performance.
2) Improving motivation and feelings of mastery.
3) Reducing stress and anxiety.
4) Helping you get into that state of flow.