Welcome to episode 34 of BrainTree Podcast – “Influence”
In this episode, Rocky and Prue discuss why telling students what to do lowers motivation and the key communication principles that can motivate and influence students.
Quotation for the episode:
“It appears the mere act of constructing a vision of a solution is a catalyst for bringing it about”
In this episode of BrainTree Podcast, Rocky shares:
- Why we can’t make a person do something they don’t want.
- How telling someone to do something they liked can lower their motivation to take action.
- The psychological reactance concept.
- How to build connection and rapport with students.
- How to communicate to students to influence them.
- A communication method that influenced people with clinical depression to make positive changes.
- A series of 6 questions that will influence change.
News and Updates:
If you want to know more about Rocky and what he has to offer, visit his website at www.humanconnections.com.au.
Links referred to in episode 34:
You can subscribe and listen to BrainTree podcast via iTunes.