Welcome to episode 36 of BrainTree Podcast – “Homework Tips for Parents”
Prue came back from an exciting trip to New York, London, Paris and Rome to discuss with BrainTree parents the issue of how to make homework more interesting to students and less time consuming. How can parents get students do their homework without constant nagging from parents?
“The best schools tend to have the best teachers, not to mention parents who supervise homework, so there is less need for self-organised learning. But where a child comes from a less supportive home environment, where there are family tensions perhaps, their schoolwork can suffer. They need to be taught to think and study for themselves” – Sugata Mitra
In this episode of BrainTree Podcast, listen to:
- Thoughts about how the education system could be improved.
- Students don’t have to learn just for learning’s sake.
- How to convince students to do homework.
- Methods for making homework more interesting and less stressful.
- How to turn homework into a habit for students.
- Influencing students to get them to do what they should.
News and Updates:
To find out more about Prue and what she has to offer to improve students’ study skills, visit http://www.enhanced-learning.net where you’ll find a section for teachers and schools, and a section for parents and students.
You can subscribe and listen to BrainTree podcast via iTunes.